Strategic Management | LM Prasad - SULTAN CHAND & SONS
The book in the present edition has been thoroughly revised and restructured. All the chapters have been re-written not only to incorporate new developments in Strategic Management but also to make the subject –matter more lucid and crisp. Thus, the present edition is vastly improved both in terms of contents and presentation.
- Most comprehensive coverage of subject-matter with latest development.
- Most authentic presentation of the subject-matter.
- Subject-matter presented in simple and lucid style with suitable Figures, Tables, and Exhibits.
- Proper blend of theory and practice.
- An opening illustration of Strategic Management practice of a prominent company in each chapter to enable readers to relate Strategic Management concepts with Strategic Management practices easily.
- Multiple choice questions, short answer questions, discussion/application questions, and practical exercise at the end of each chapter to test the assimilation of subject-matter concerned.
- Case at the end of each chapter for class-room discussion to sharpen diagnostic and analytical skills of the readers.
- Comprehensive cases involving more than one issue of Strategic Management at the end.
- Guidelines for learning through cases at the end of the book to enable the readers to make full use of learning through cases.
- Glossary at the end of the book for bird's eye view.
- Thus, the present edition is ideally suited to MBA/PGDM and other relevant courses.
Part I: Conceptual Framework of Strategic Management
- Introduction to Strategic Management
- Strategic Management Process
Part II: Strategic Intent and Strategy Formulation
- Strategic Intent
- Environmental Analysis
- Organizational Analysis
- Corporate Strategies: Stability, Expansion, Retrenchment
- Corporate Strategies: Internationalization and Digitalization
- Business Strategies
- Choice of Strategy
Part III: Strategy Implementation
- Activating Strategy
- Structural Implementation
- Behavioural Implementation
- Functional Implementation
- Part IV: Strategic Control
- Strategic Control
Part V: Cases
- Name Index
- Organization Index
- Subject Index