Nutrition Science | B Srilakshmi - New Age
Nutrition is the science of food and its relationship to health. All the topics related to Nutrition Science with attractive illustrations and latest information are discussed in this multi colour edition. This textbook covers syllabi of basic and applied nutrition science of all Indian universities.
Nutrients and the effect of deficiency are discussed in detail. Antioxidants which are essential for preventing degenerative diseases are explained well in this book. The chapter ‘Nutrigenomics’ explains how dietary chemicals affect the balance between health and disease by altering genetic makeup. Nutrition education through computers are elaborated to meet the present day needs.
Challenges of Millennium Development Goals, National nutrition policies and organisations and programmes related to Nutrition are discussed.
This book serves as textbook for basic as well as applied nutrition science for those specialising in Nutrition Science at graduate and postgraduate levels. This book is valuable for medical and paramedical students and for administrative authorities who are interested in getting authentic information on Nutrition Science.
- Introduction to Nutrition Science
- Recommended Dietary Allowances
- Carbohydrates—Part-II: Dietary Fibre
- Energy Balance
- Prevalence of Undernutrition and Noncommunicable Diseases
- Protein Energy Malnutrition
- Macro Minerals
- Micro Minerals—Part-I Iron
- Micro Minerals—Part-II Iodine
- Micro Minerals—Part-III Copper, Fluorine, Zinc and Chromium
- Fat Soluble Vitamins—Part-I Vitamin A
- Fat Soluble Vitamins–Part II Vitamin A Deficiency Disorders
- Fat Soluble Vitamins—Part-III Vitamin D, E and K
- Water Soluble Vitamins—Part-I Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin
- Water Soluble Vitamins—Part-II Folic Acid and Vitamin B12
- Water Soluble Vitamins—Part-III Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid, Biotin and Vitamin C
- Water and Electrolyte Balance
- Assessment of Nutritional Status
- Nutrition Related Policies and Programmes
- Role of International and National Agencies in Combating Malnutrition
- Nutrition Education
- Nutrition and Infection
- Nutrigenomics–An Overview
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
B. Srilakshmi, MSc., MEd., MPhil. has been working for the past 12 years as Programme–In–Charge for MSc. (Dietetics and Food Service Management) of Indira Gandhi National Open University at SCS Kothari Academy for Women, Chennai.
She started her career as Research Assistant at National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad working under Dr. C Gopalan and Dr. Srikantia.
Later she took teaching profession and worked at SVT College of Home Science, SNDT University, Mumbai and Anna Adarsh College for Women, Chennai. Her pioneering work ?Dietetics? was published in the year 1992. She also wrote textbooks ‘Food Science’ and ‘Nutrition Science’ for BSc. (Nutrition and Dietetics) students.
She is the first author for the book ‘Exercise Physiology Fitness and Sports Nutrition’.
She also wrote ‘Human Nutrition’ for BSc. Nursing students and ‘Nutrition’ for the benefit of general nursing and midwife students. She has been bringing out subsequent editions of her books by updating the matter. Her books are ‘student friendly’
You can buy this book from my course book at best price