Business Finance | Dr SP Gupta - SAHITYA BHAWAN PUBLICATION
The Business Finance Book is primarily intended to meet the needs of the students of B.Com. Semester III examination of Lucknow University, Lucknow.
Management education in our country has recently experienced a sea-change in its curriculum, wherein electives in finance and marketing have been enlarged. In fact, finance has assumed greater significance for all those pursuing a management course or its ally. It is now a well-established fact that the success of any business concern depends inter-alia upon the efficiency with which funds are being managed.
As such, students must have an opportunity to gain effective knowledge of various aspects of business finance i.e., procurement and utilization of funds in an optimal way.
Salient features of the book :
- A comprehensive presentation of the concepts and relevant theories.
- Illustrative problems for better understanding of the principles and techniques;
- Use of charts and figures to bring more clarity;
- Exercises and problems to help the students in better learning and understanding.
Business Finance Syllabus For B.Com. Semester III of Lucknow University, Lucknow.
UNIT-I: Nature, Scope, Significance of Business Finance, Financial Goals, Finance Function, Duties, Responsibilities of a Finance Manager, Capital market: Functions, types & significance.
UNIT-II: Capitalisation: Concept Over and Under-capitalisation: causes and remedies. Capital structure: Concept, Cost of Capital, Capital Budgeting.
UNIT-III: Long-term and Short-term, sources of capital: Owned and borrowed, Trade Credit, Bank credit, commercial papers, etc. Analysis of Profitability, Activity, Liquidity, Solvency, and Performance.
UNIT-IV: Concept, Determinants, and Sources of Working Capital, Fixed and Variable working capital, Estimation of working capital requirements, Financing Approaches to working capital.
Business Finance Book Contents
- Business Finance
- Capital Market
- Capital Structure
- Cost of Capital
- Capital Budgeting
- Sources of Capital (Long-Term and Short-Term)
- Ratio Analysis (Analysis of Profitability, Activity, Liquidity, Solvency, and Performance)
- Working Capital (Concept, Types, and Sources)
- Determinants & Estimation of Working Capital Requirements and Approaches to Working Capital Financing